As the end of 2017 approaches, we naturally tend to reflect on the year that passed. A new calendar year always seems like an opportunity to change, evolve, and do better. Whether you want to change yourself, or the world, a good place to start is at your own library.
Sounds nice, but you really don’t feel like going out? No problem! We created a list of e-book suggestions for self-improvement inspiration. Just click on the links and enjoy them without leaving your couch.
Has 2017 been stressful?
Is your mind all over the place all the time? How about throwing yourself a “simple” challenge for 2018? Learn how to be mindful and let go of stress and anxiety with one of the books below:
- From left to right:
- The Mindful Way Through Stress : The Proven 8-Week Path to Health, Happiness, and Well-Being
- Five Core Skills of Mindfulness : A Direct Path to More Confidence, Joy and Love
- Mindfulness and The Art of Choice : Transform Your Life
You know that public speaking is important for your career, but it just feels impossible to not be paralyzed by the staring eyes of your audience. These books will get you started on overcoming the fear.
- Getting Over Stage Fright : A New Approach to Resolving Your Fear of Public Speaking and Performing.
- TED Talks : The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking
Setting your 2018 goals? These might help:
- The Next Happy : Let Go of the Life You Planned and Find a New Way Forward
- Can Do! : How to Achieve Real Personal Change and Growth
Inspiration for your classroom
- Beyond the Grade : Refining Practices That Boost Student Achievement.
- Teach Like a Champion 2. 0 : 60 Techniques That Put Students on the Path to College.
- Closing the Attitude Gap : How to Fire Up Your Students to Strive for Success.
- 12 Touchstones of Good Teaching : A Checklist for Staying Focused Every Day.
Find many other books, visit our catalog. If you don’t find what you are looking for, ask a librarian!
Contributed by Juliana Magro, Information Literacy and Instructional Librarian @ Midtown