Papercut is Touro’s print management software. Simply stated, it’s how you print on campus. Papercut has been amazingly successful at reducing paper waste at Touro College; I admit this is entirely based on what I’ve seen at the Midtown library branch.
When you want to print something, you click on the [PRINT] icon on the screen, or you click [CTRL+P] on your keyboard. A log-in screen will appear on your screen that looks like this:
The cost is $.05 per page. You are responsible for loading the funds onto your account. Unfortunately, there is no feature to notify you when you have insufficient funds. This means that you may try and try and try to print something, but the job simply will not go through. If this happens, check to make sure you have funds in the account; that nearly always solves the problem.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to add funds to your account:
- Log into the myTouro Portal using your portal credentials:
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Papercut” link under the QuickLaunch Navigation menu:
- You will be logged into your Papercut account, and taken to your Account Summary page:
- To add funds, click on the “Add Credit” link from the menu on the left side of the page:
- Select the amount you wish to add from the “Amount to Add” drop-down menu and click “Add Value”
- You will now be taken to the Commerce Manager page to enter your payment information. In the “Name” field, enter your portal username. Enter your payment Amount (maximum $25), select a Payment Method, and click “Continue”:
- Complete and review the Credit Card Information page, and then click “Continue.”
Important: If you would like to receive confirmation of your transaction via email, you must enter your email address in the Contact Information section.
- Review your credit card information, and then click “Confirm.”
The system will process your payment, and will take you back to your Papercut Account Summary page. The “Balance” on your Papercut summary will reflect the payment just made. You will also receive an email to your Touro email account confirming the transaction.
- To review your account activity, you can always check your “Transaction History” from the menu on the left side of the page to verify payments posted to your account.
You May also be interested in:
How To Request a Papercut Refund
If your account was charged for a job that did not print properly, please follow the steps below to request a refund:
- Log into your portal account, and click on the “Papercut” link under the Launchpad.
- You will be taken to your Papercut Account Summary page
- Click on “Recent Print Jobs” from the menu on the left side of the page to view recent activity on your account, and click on “Request Refund” from the Status column for the job you wish to have refunded.
- Complete the “Refund Request” form, indicating whether you are requesting full or partial refund, and the reason for your request.
- Your request will be submitted to the Papercut administrator for review, and the Status for this job will now show as “Refund Pending.”
- Requests for refunds are normally processed within three business days. To check that your refund has been applied, click on “Transaction History” from the menu on the left side of the page. Once your refund is processed, you will see a transaction for “Full Refund”/”Partial Refund”.
Contributed by: Victoria Reyz, Library Assistant, Midtown